Work for us
Be part of the team.
The Dyson Institute is a unique proposition in higher education, integrating high-quality academic teaching and learning with immediate application on real-world problems. We’re not just delivering an education; we’re supporting individuals at the start of their accelerated Dyson career – future leaders of engineering and innovation.
As a member of our close-knit Dyson Institute team, you’ll be critical in ensuring the success of our pioneering model. Whatever your role, you will have a real and tangible impact on our students’ future – and that of the Dyson Institute. This is a fast-paced, rewarding and innovative place to work.
Recruitment, Marketing and Events Coordinator
As Recruitment, Marketing and Events coordinator you’ll provide administrative support to enable the Dyson Institute to recruit, admit, support and develop students. We’re looking for a determined, self-starting individual with excellent attention to detail.
A lot of your time will be spent in the world of Recruitment and Admissions. You’ll deliver an exceptional experience as the first point of contact for all enquirers and applicants in our admissions process, administer some stages of the admissions process and arrange the logistics for recruitment, admissions and pre-joining events.
You’ll also support the wider Professional Development and Engineering Experience team by arranging the logistics for events such as our offsite wellbeing and development days, our 10-week Summer Series programmes (where Undergraduates spend ten weeks developing their engineering leadership outside of the classroom) and other wellbeing-focussed activities.
You’ll be based on the Dyson technology campus in Malmesbury and will report to the Recruitment and Admissions Manager.
You may be required to travel nationally on occasion for events.
- Admissions enquiry management
- Admissions administration
- Recruitment administration
- Engineering and Undergraduate development
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrable organisation skills.
- Proactive, motivated self-starter, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to find solutions to problems.
- Resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic pace of work.
- Flexible team player with an ability to work under own initiative and manage own workload.
- Great communicator – Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
Perks and benefits
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch.
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
The Dyson Institute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the highest standards of welfare and wellbeing of its Undergraduate Engineers. It expects all employees, partners and contractors to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a pre-employment screening procedure appropriate to the post they are applying for. This includes checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Our Safeguarding and Prevent policy contains more information on how we maintain a safeguarding culture within our team.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.